Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Last Days at UTMC

Last Friday and Yesterday were kind of emotional days.

On Friday morning, we had to deal with the Inspector from the Department of Agriculture. Basically, I hid in the back setting up tests for two hours so that she wouldn't interrogate me. However, Erin did mention that I was apart of the lab staff, so the inspector demanded that I get high-level lab training. That to do that I needed to get registered in UTMC's database. The only problem is I had been recently deactivated. I needed to wait the weekend for the IT department to reactivate my account. I will do the trainings tomorrow morning.

For the rest of the time, I did the normal setting up tests and chips to get data. Overall, I didn't get nearly as many data points, but there wasn't much I could do about that. In my free time, I talked with Doctor Willey about what I'm doing for Winterim Fair, and I think that I have a pretty good board made up. Hopefully I'll see everyone there.

Also, on Monday morning, I brought in donuts as a thank you for all the members of the Lab. When I said my final goodbye, I got kind of emotional. I had working with a few of the members of the lab for the last two years. I had really gotten to know them and I knew that they had my back whenever I messed up. They all told me to come back and visit sometime. I most definitely will.

No comments:

Post a Comment