Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Evaluation of my Goals

Here are my goals:
I want to understand what I am doing in the lab at all times and to further my knowledge on anything that relates to biology and medicine.

I want to remain focused while I am setting up tests so that my data is accurate. 

I want to be able to form basic conclusions with the data that I get. 

I just wanted to go over them quickly:

I feel like I have definitely furthered my knowledge when it comes to medicine because of all of the talks that I've listened to. Whether it be Doctor Willey or the fellows I shadowed in the clinic, I know that I've increased my understanding about medicine. Unlike last year, I knew exactly what I was doing in the lab. I could troubleshoot without going to other people because I understood what went wrong from the data displays.

Based upon Xiaolu glancing at my data, I feel as though it is very comparable to her. In addition, I know that I was focused through the testing while I was at Winterim, and it seems to have paid off.

Because we ran out of chips, I didn't get to generate as much data as I would have liked. However, I do not want to base a large conclusion upon a few data points. I can see that there is a drop off in gene expression because of the siRNA, but I would want to run many more tests before I would form a conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment