Thursday, November 1, 2012

Day 4 Synergy!

Today was a really hard day. First thing in the morning, Tom drilled me on what I had done yesterday. We went over why we had done things and why they are important. Then, he had me write up my own procedure for another round of PCR and Electrophoresis. That wasn't too hard, but then he had me set up the experiment and did it all by my self. It was pretty hard keeping track of everything and we will see how well I did tomorrow. If I did well, Tom will turn me loose to do 15 more genes.... If I didn't, more practice. No pressure :/

But, another facet of my education in the lab happened today. Erin, another associate of Doctor Willey, taught me how to make cell cultures. Essentially, I'm growing more and more copies of the same cell so I can harvest the RNA to plug into the other experiment I've been doing. I'm starting to go full circle. Hopefully, I did things right!




1 comment:

  1. Nice photos-- captions would make help your readers know what they are looking at. It sounds like a pretty exciting day. I hope you did well!

    ReplyDelete