Monday, October 29, 2012

Career?

So Tom and I talked today about what I want to do in life. This was a hard question because... Well... I'm 16 with 80% of my life still ahead of me. He told me about this process at UTMC where I could apply now and automatically get into UT Med School. I would get a lot of scholarships (most likely) and graduate with a medical degree while having a fraction of the debt most graduates would have. One problem:

Going on this path means I won't be making too much money OR have a choice to leave until I am 32ish.... That's a pretty huge commitment. I know I like research and science, but that's an extremely large decision. He also told me that doctors are going to stop making as much money, which could obviously affect my decision.

His biggest advice was to not worry about how much money I make (but make enough to get by) and go for a job I enjoy.


Decisions, decisions :/

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your pictures and the interactions that you are capturing between you and Tom. I look forward to reading about more of these interactions as you continue to learn from him. One tip: proofread more carefully. Run your text through a good spell-check before you post, and read over your work again before you publish it. The content is valuable, and it will be communicated as such if you clean up the mechanics.

    ReplyDelete